The Hostal Rosim by CLoud Forest 2, Located in the heart of the city; To just Minutes from the Pan-American Highway, surrounded by the New commercial, financial area of the beautiful city of Latacunga, which is located in the Central Sierra Mountain range of the Andes in Ecuador, at the foot of the volcano Cotopaxi.
Its origin is lost in history, in A mixture of popular mestizo manifestations: pagan and Religious, Aboriginal, African and Spanish; the same That with their characters, rites, attire, music and dance give Life and endures in time such a singular expression of the Feelings of the people, recalled each year from the S. XVII. In the S. XXI is a celebration in which it surrenders Homage to the Virgen de la Merced whom they grant according to Tradition, gratitude and recognition for the Protection in one of the eruptive processes of the Volcano The highest active of the planet, the Cotopaxi.
Latacunga is a city of Ecuador, Capital of the province of Cotopaxi and cantonal head of the Canton of the same name. It is located in the central Sierra of the country, In the foothills of the Andes Mountains in Ecuador, near the Cotopaxi volcano in the Patate basin. HE Located at 2750 meters above sea level and has a Average temperature of 12 degrees Celsius. Also Known As: "Latacunga, Pensil de los Andes", "Latacunga Romántica", "City of Leon", "the city of the mashcas". It is a city Which in the 21st century demonstrated a sustained development that Placed among the most important cities of the sierra Ecuadorian All historical, architectural attributes And cultural rights that Latacunga has allowed him to be Considered as Patrimonial City of the Nation
The Cotopaxi volcano with a
Elevation of 5,897 meters is the second highest of the
Country and one of the highest active volcanoes in the world.
The The last recorded eruptions were in 1877 and 1904, and
Some activity in 1942. They are currently registered
Increases in its volcanic activity since 2003; Being this the
year with greater activity reported. Name Of the mountain is
a Cayapa voice that breaks down like this: Coto, neck; Pag,
de pagta, sun and if de shi, sweet. That is to say, "Sweet
Neck of Sun".
The Cotopaxi National Park is Protected area of Ecuador located at the boundary of the Provinces of Pichincha and Cotopaxi in Ecuador, and that Includes in its space the Volcano Cotopaxi. Your ecosystem Several arboreal species, mainly of pines, Which makes the place a unique place in South America, since Remembers more an alpine forest than a forest of the Andes.
He Bowling, it has ecological, biological and Outstanding landscape; Here the grandeur of the Nature is managed for the benefit of society Ecuadorian and worldwide. It is located next to the Park National Cotopaxi, in the parish of Mulalo, 27 km. from Machachi and 44 km. Of Latacunga
The lagoon has a depth Of 150
meters. It is called "Laguna Encantada" perhaps because of
its Legends; Has underground slopes in the central part From
where their waters are born; It can be observed that the
lagoon has Grown dramatically by the new irrigation he has.
It is located 7 kilometers from La Cabecera Cantonal, in The
Panzaleo parish; Which occupies the southern region of the
canton. From the Cantonal Cabecera by the South Pan American
are 15 Minutes; And inland is half an hour.
The Ecological Reserve Los
Ilinizas (RELI) is located in the Western Cordillera of The
Andes, between the sectors of the Cordillera Lelia, Cerros
Illinizas, El Corazón, Jaligua Alto, Tenefuerte and the
Lagoon Quilotoa (MAE1996) .The Elevations Corazón y Ilinizas
They form a geological barrier that prevents the passage,
towards the Inter-Andean alley, of water vapor from the
Coastal zones, which favors the formation of micro-watersheds
The Quilotoa Volcano (3,900
Msnm), located in the Province of Cotopaxi, Parish of
Zumbahua, is part of the Los Iliniza Ecological Reserve. his
Name comes from two Quichua words "quiru" that he wants Say
tooth and "toa" meaning queen because of the form of The
lagoon, since it has an almost elliptical form of
Approximately 3.15 kilometers in diameter and a difference Of
440 meters between the water level and the upper edge. He
Edge of the crater tops on the southwest side with the summit
Huyan tic or Puerta Zhalaló that has 4,010 msnm.
Location: The streets Juan Abel
Echeverría and Antonio Clavijo, next to the Square of the
same name. The eruption of 1698 landed All urban buildings,
making them a Overcrowding of ruins. Because the Church has
been destroyed, Convent and Novitiate of the Society of
Jesus, and by the abrupt Exit of the Jesuits of Latacunga,
the image remained, mouth Down, abandoned in the rubble,
until rescued By the necessity of a bridge. The Church of El
Salto began To be built from a single nave and twin towers,
seated From north to south, at the end of the 19th century
and Mid of the present.
Location: The streets General Maldonado and Quito. In the Romanesque style, Began its construction in the middle of the 17th century with a Wide nave and cruiser with its octagonal dome. In the last Quarter of the 19th century is built the tower that has Romanesque arqueries and an Islamic auction that gives singularity. In his altar carved of pumice stone they are appreciated Pieces of colonial imagery. In 1975, To perform restoration and ornamentation work. The Cathedral is a symbol for latacungueños as it represents The faith of a people with history and tradition.
Location: The streets Juan Abel
Echeverría, Manuel de Jesús Quijano and Ordonez. From the
year 1640, there was a chapel in the Same place that the
Church exists today, is built on A plane of Cruz Latina, of a
single ship with two cruises, Which emphasizes its structure
by the central nave and enhances a Artistic dome. In the
earthquake of 1949, the tower fell On the main door, which
was replaced with a Tower that did not have the same
characteristics. In homage to The Blessed Mother of La Merced
who constitutes the Protector Against the eruptions of the
Cotopaxi volcano to which its devotees They solemnly
Location: The streets Hnas.
Paez and Quito. The architecture of the church Shows a
neoclassical influence when displaying columns Circular with
Ionic capital with its architrave finished in cornice. Pumice
stone has served to inform agility To the pilasters that
support the arches on both floors. This Church is not only
important because of its religious and Artistic, but by the
historical; Since in 1820, his convent Was occupied by
Spanish military forces, serving as Barracks to a fraction of
the Battalion "Los Andes". This place, In which the
Independence of the city elucidated the "Once of November"
Location: The streets General
Manuel Maldonado and Manual de Jesús Quijano And Ordonez.
Returning our eyes to the Franciscans, We will say that by
1600 when the construction of the Temple, there was a special
room for the worship of the Immaculate conception. In 1693,
urbanized the neighborhood San Francis and the church was
completed, the Millionaire Ruiz de Rojas "raised his own
chapel to venerate To the Immaculate. "By the earthquake of
1698 only The original foundations and the reconstructed
Location: Between the streets
Juan Abel Echeverría, Josefa Calixto Pino and San Bartolomé
Island. For some type of Religious architecture that occurred
in regions and cities Or populations it is very difficult to
find an influence And are very personal testimonies of the
Religious and philosophical conceptions are the result of
Constructive knowledge. In this case it could be accepted
Certain Renaissance norms that advocated the presence of
Walls "with a certain meaning, remains The geometric
decoration. Archivolts are fajones without No type of
decoration that fills the spaces
The initial urban layout of the
His or her departure in the Plaza Mayor or "Matriz", in the
Which for many years, in the colonial era, the latacungueños
Presented a traditional product fair. Years later Became park
and in 1900 pedestrian paths were drawn and gardens. In 1925
is placed an elegant monument carved in Italy, in honor of
the latacungueño philanthropist Dr. Vicente León. In its
surroundings is the Mother Church, the Palace Municipality
and the Government, forming a harmonious Spanish style
It is surrounded by the streets
Srs. Páez, Dos de Mayo, Tarqui and Av. Amazonas. To the
interior Of the park converge eight streets whose floor is of
cement, the The same ones that delineate the gardens with
their sinuous profile; his Urban environment is defined by
constructions of Two contemporary floors, highlighting the
building of the Head of Old Health Hospital.
Located next to the Complex
Recreation park Ignacio Flores (La Laguna), Built in 1994
completed in the years 2001 to 2003, brings together
Replicates of the characteristic elements of the Civil,
religious and monumental architecture of the center of City
Located in the sector of the
Laguna, is one of the main recreational parks in the city. It
has become one of the major attractions Tourist attractions.
Frequented by people who like sailing, Has a beautiful
artificial lagoon and small boats to the Service of tourists.
It is a recreational field General where you can enjoy
beautiful gardens, games And in the center of the lake stands
a kiosk with Snacks, bar and dance hall.
The House of Culture Ecuadorian
was conceived and designed by Dr. Benjamín Carrión, one of
the most important intellectuals of the century XX, nowadays
the House of the Ecuadorian Culture nucleus of Cotopaxi works
in the facilities of the Monserrath located at the
confluences of the Yanayacli rivers And Cutuchi; On the
western side of the city of Latacunga.
The parish of La Victoria for
its Activity and production, is the pottery capital of the
Province of Cotopaxi, is located 10 Km. West of Latacunga and
5 km north of Pujilí, Cantonal head. The Pottery has its
origin in the neighborhood The Tile. With the passage of time
the demands of the Construction such as shingles and tiles,
to the type Utilitarian and decorative: like the jars,
pondos, pots, Tableware, ashtrays, flowerpots, piggy banks,
Saquisilenses are people of Work
and trade, just visit the fair in mention of the Thursday
where you can see products such as cattle, birds, Cereals,
looms, textiles, gastronomy, handicrafts, cattle Cattle, etc.
All in a space located in the center of the Canton, is
located in the Province of Cotopaxi, sierra Central of
Ecuador ". 13 km from the Provincial Head Latacunga and 6 km
from the Pan-American highway, which Allows easy
communication with the north and south of the country.
Nestled in the mountain range
In the province of Cotopaxi, 45 minutes from the City of
Latacunga, in the Pujilí Canton, near the Zumbahua Parish is
the community TIGUA, place that Has given rise to the most
famous indigenous painters of the Kichwa culture, nationally
recognized and valued Positively at an international level.
It all started in 1973 When Don Julio Toaquiza had a dream,
that would change him Definitely life; Of musician and pawn
in the cultures of Cane in Guayaquil to recognized artist
painter. Don Julio Mind that "... the dream revealed that he
had to paint, doing Case to dream, with a pen of hen recorded
on his drum the First painting, the scene he saw in his
he Hostal Rosim happy to serve you Makes the following means for your consideration That you can communicate with us and make your Reservation and visit us, where with all pleasure We will serve.
|Address:||Street Quito No. 1631 y Padre Salcedo|
(593 3) 2800 853
|Latacunga . Cotopaxi . Ecuador|